My walk through life with Fibromyalgia.
From the brink of despair to feeling human again. Determination, hard work, persistence, and lots of love and support from those closest to me.
Join me as I look back at how far I have come
in my quest to feel normal.

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

What a Difference a Bed Makes.



So in June of 2007 I cut back my hours behind the stylist chair for a more body friendly job.  Sitting behind a desk.  I started to work part time at a attorney services company.  I love this job, so much that by October of that year I was begging to have a full time position and they gave it to me. Shortly after going full time I had a set back having to do with the stress of my son going into the Army and possible deployment to Iraq. The stress had cause me to experience such sever pain in my lower back and hips that I was walking with a cane for a couple of weeks.  I finally got relief for ibuprofen and Soma. They worked wonders but I had to get to the bottom of why I was now having the hip pain.  I saw a chiropractor and received a few adjustment when it was discovered that my hips were out of alignment.  Think, Think, Think what could be causing this to happen.  Yes I know that I have Fibro...I was not ignoring that fact, but how did my hips become so far out of whack.  I only thing I could think of causing it was my bed.  Now my mattress was only about 4 years old so could it be the culprit? With much prodding on my part and the fact that it was tax season, I convinced my husband to let "us" get a new bed   The bed I wanted to try was a memory foam mattress, no springs and no wood. After I tried it out in the showroom for about 30 minutes I was willing to give it a try.  Now I bought a knockoff but I do not know if there would have been a difference except for the price. We paid about $800 for bed, box spring and frame.  From the moment I started sleep on it I know that this was the best $800 we ever spent.  Within a week my hip pain has dissipated. What a happy girl I am!! Now these mattress are not for everyone. I tend to like a really firm mattress so I has been a god send for me but hubby on the other hand hates it.  Remember "The Princess and the Pea"?  I think that is him.
Not my bedroom but I can dream.
From then, which was April 2008, I was pretty much under control with my pain issues.  It did help that the lord looked down on me and saw what I was already going through and had the mercy to see that my son be sent back home to me.  By June he and his fiancée were back home and all was well on the home front for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment